Catholic Charities is proud to offer the SNAP-Ed Program!
Catholic Charities is proud to offer the SNAP-Ed Program which enables us to provide nutrition education, physical activity instruction, and environmental support to our clients. These services will provide low-income adults and children with the tools to be able to choose healthier foods and beverages within a limited budget, as well as choose more active lifestyles. Healthier diets and higher activity levels decrease the risk of chronic health-related diseases, including obesity.
Plus, join the SNAP-Ed team for FREE healthy recipe tasting and mini online courses called EatFresh!
- Learn to eat healthy on a budget
- Read nutrition labels and ingredient lists
- How to avoid added sugar in foods
- Learn how to cook easy, tasty meals
- Determine portion sizes to manage your weight
- Shop smart and save money
- Plan meals for healthy holidays and celebrations
EatFresh courses take place on the third Friday of each month right here at Catholic Charities from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Visit us or call us today to learn more about SNAP-Ed.
We begin serving clients at 8:30 a.m. until 3:45 p.m. Monday – Friday (closed for lunch from 12:30 p.m. – 1 p.m. daily).